Laila Raheen is the Principal Attorney at Raheen Family Law, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody, visitation, and support cases. Ms. Raheen represents clients in Fairfax, Manassas, Alexandria, Arlington, and all across Northern Virginia.
Ms. Raheen is known as a no-nonsense, aggressive advocate for her clients. Her goal is to provide a vigorous, thorough and honest representation.
Ms. Raheen graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law (cum laude) and the University of Toronto (with honors).
Ms. Raheen began her legal career in 2013. She worked for several different firms in Northern Virginia where she gained valuable experience in civil litigation and trial practice. Ms. Raheen has been practicing exclusively family law since 2015, working on a large number of divorce, child custody, child visitation and support cases.
Ms. Raheen's courtroom skills, attention to detail and tireless work ethic have consistently translated into positive results for her clients. Ms. Raheen has received a large number of excellent reviews and testimonials online. She was included in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law. Ms. Raheen has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2018. Finally, she currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
- Virginia, 2013
- Maryland, 2014 (inactive)
- District of Columbia Bar, 2016 (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2016
Honors and Awards
- Included in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018–2020
- Client's Choice Award, Avvo, 2016–2017, 2020
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2015
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Virginia for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016–2017, 2019
- Raheen Family Law, P.C., Founding Attorney, 2022–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Lead Senior Associate Attorney, 2015–2022
- Glasser and Glasser, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2015
- JHS Family Law Group, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2014–2015
- Raheen Law Group, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2013–2014
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of Toronto, B.S., with honors, 2008